Friday, November 28, 2014

#NovemberRoad - Classic Apple Pie

"I think fearless is having fears but jumping anyway." -Taylor Swift

I did it! I did it!
You wont believe what I did today!

Classic Apple Pie

For years and years of reading the same recipe in almost all the cookbooks and blogs, I know it by heart now. The only thing was the fear of not getting the crust right.

I have heard too many comments about 'not flaky enough' or 'a soggy shell' that the scare of being a failure stopped me from even trying it once. Especially when I'm living with a pie lover. He must have eaten Apple Pie in almost every bakery its available. Even when I'm not around, he makes sure to send me a picture of the one saying "I'm still waiting for the right one!"

Classic Apple Pie

I guess I'll assume it was the right one as all I hear about is having one more slice before sleeping. 3 slices in a day is good right? And a major block lifted!

To think of it, this project has given me freedom from fifteen mind blocks and I am loving it. I would be loving it even more if I complete it on time. With moving cities, and Ozzy at home watching videos on my laptop instead of me writing my post, it just seems to be getting bigger challenge than expected.

Classic Apple Pie

I have 2 days left and 4 more recipes to go...sigh! 


Recipe follows:    



The recipe was sourced from Sprinkle Bakes


P.S. For NovemberRoad Project, all the recipes will be displayed as a link. I will not be writing about them until I make any changes to the same. Thanks.

Yum

4 comments:

  1. It looks gorgeous. Wishing you success in life ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your apple pie looks amazing Priyanka! I love the creativity of the pie crust too. Kudos on all the recipes that you're trying to accomplish and I'm sure you will. Cheers from Bangkok!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ping! But its Dec already and I have still 2 recipes remaining from the project, I just couldn't complete it on time :'(

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...