Thursday, November 20, 2014

#NovemberRoad - Apple & Pear Crisp

"All Great changes are preceded by chaos" - Deepak Chopra


I thought I was prepared for the challenge, had it all down to the letter T.
I downloaded an interactive calendar thinking if I plan right, dedicate recipes to the day, it will be easy and fast. I completely overlooked the fact that it was my last month in the city and meeting friends threw that calendar out of the window.


Now I am left with 11 recipes from the list and 10 days to go.
I'd say, the actual challenge has started now. I was just testing the water earlier...

Apple & Pear Crisp

Why is this recipe on the list? Its simply because anything with the combination of Apple & Pear brings childhood memories. I love pears and my dad used to love apples. You see a pattern here...since I was not a fan of an apple a day concept, I always tried to bargain with having 2 pears instead of an apple. He never budged and I was always stuck with both...

This recipe is very versatile. You can add your combination of spices and make it yours. This is also a perfect after dinner dessert during the onset of wintry evening. And best to have it with wine after the little one has gone to sleep. Late night baking has its advantages too :P

Apple & Pear Crisp



The recipe was adapted from Sugarcrafter

Recipe follows:

For the filling:

2 Ripe Pear (peeled - cored - diced) 
1 Apples (peeled - cored - diced)
1/4 Cup Light Brown Sugar
1 Tsp Lemon Juice
1/2 Tsp Cinnamon Powder
1/2 Cup + 1/2 Tbsp Flour

For the crumble:

1/2 Cup All purpose Flour
1/4 Cup Classic Oats
1/4 Cup Butter (melted)
1/4 Cup Light Brown Sugar
1/2 Tsp Cinnamon

Procedure:

Preheat oven to 350 degree F (180 degree C) and grease ramekin dishes

In a bowl add diced Pear, Apple, sugar, cinnamon, lemon juice and flour. Toss to coat.

In another bowl mix flour with oats, cinnamon and brown sugar. Add melted butter to it and mix.

Transfer fruits mixture to the greased pan and Spread the crisp to cover.

Bake for 30-40 minutes until its golden and bubbling. Serve warm.

Yum

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...