Thursday, July 26, 2012

Mango Pear and Chocolate Crumble

Just a minute more and today would have turned into non post day.

I saved my crumble from burning just about in time. My bad, I got carried away chatting with my dear hubby who is back from work after 15 days. And my sister who was feeling homesick and has extended her weekend.

So the foodies are back and my oven time has started.

It's a pain to bake for me alone. Specially when I am trying (not so much) to come back to my original self post pregnancy.

So last week to keep myself away from sweets and more sweets, I kept myself busy with window shopping for best of the Vegan and Egg-less recipes online and organizing and reorganizing my shopping list for the baking marathon this coming week.


chocolate crumble

Back to Crumble...

It was amazing! It took about half an hour to get it all set for the oven and another 25 mins for the crumble which I couldn't have enough.

Baking time at this point in my life is very crucial deciding factor. I have this cutest Little One who now has become very naughty and rolls all around in her bed. So kitchen time is only when she takes her nap.




The recipe was adapted from Loch Fyne

Recipe follows:

For the filling:

3 Ripe Pear (peeled - cored - diced) 
2 Ripe firm Mangoes (peeled - cored - diced)
4 Tbsp Light Brown Sugar
1 Tsp Lemon Juice
50g Bittersweet Chocolate - chopped
Crushed Almonds (optional)

For the crumble:

1/2 Cup All purpose Flour
1/2 Cup Crushed Almonds
4 Tbsp Butter (chilled - diced)
3 Tbsp Light Brown Sugar
Chocolate Chips

Procedure:

Preheat oven to 350 degree F (180 degree C) and grease pan.

In a bowl add diced Pear, Mango along with Sugar, Lemon juice, Chocolate and Almonds.

In another bowl mix Flour with cold butter cubes with fingertips until it resembles bread crumbs.
Add Sugar with Crushed Almonds and Chocolate chips to the mixture.

Transfer fruits mixture to the greased pan and Spread the crumble to cover and press lightly.

Bake for 25-30 minutes until its golden and bubbling. Serve warm.  

Yum

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...