Saturday, September 27, 2014

No - Bake ~ Blueberry Cheesecake

Many a times my family and friends question my blogging? What exactly it does for me?
I do not answer them straight. I just laugh it off or better still give them some vague answer which keeps them on their toes.

But for me I have always known what this blog started with and where it is taking me. It did take a major turn when I finally wrote it down in an interview for Homegrown Magazine.



For this dream to come true, there are many milestones, many doubts within my mind that needs to be addressed. One of the biggest is..."What if they don't like my cake?"



To overcome my fear, I did what I do best. Put myself on the line and wait for the consequences.
This Blueberry cheesecake was also conceived in similar fashion. I received message on my twitter from an acquaintance if I could make a cheesecake for his dear friends birthday.

As bored as I am at work, the only 'high' I get is from the challenges I set for myself . This was something out of my comfort zone and I took it without overthinking. {thinking leads to missed opportunities} 

And beauty it was!





While I made several with different flavors at home to test the recipe, I was still on the edge and kept waiting for that one text saying that it was awesome ;)

And awesome it was! Yay for recipe follows!


Recipe follows:


For the Base:
12-14 Digestive Biscuits
4 Tbsp Melted Butter
2 Tbsp Granulated Sugar (Optional)
For the Cake:
1 Cup Cream cheese
3/4 Cup Heavy Cream
2 Tbsp Water {normal temp}
2 Tsp Gelatin
1/8 Cup Condensed Milk or Desired Sweetness


Procedure:

Preheat oven to 350 Degree F (170 degree C) and grease eight inch spring form pan.

Crush digestive biscuits to fine crumbs, add sugar (optional) and melted butter to it. Press down the crumbs to a greased spring form dish.

Bake for 8-10 minutes until light brown.

Soak Gelatin in water for 2 minutes and melt on double boiler.

On a medium speed, whip heavy cream until it reaches soft peaks stage. Add condensed milk or desired sweetness.

Add melted gelatin and mix cream cheese beating the mixture until smooth.

Pour this mixture to the biscuit base and refrigerate until firm. (Minimum of 4 hours till overnight)

Move cake mixture to fridge from chiller for 30 min before serving.

Layer the top with desired crush or preserve. Here I have used Blueberry Preserve.
 
Yum

4 comments:

  1. Definitely craving a slice of this blueberry cheesecake right now.. it looks wickedly delicious! Great no bake recipe too, thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Priyanka

    I am wondering no need of cream cheese? It would comes as same taste?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Viji,

      Cheese cake without cream cheese? I'm not sure if it will taste the same but do let me know how it turned out :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...