Saturday, July 12, 2014

Cherry and Peach Clafoutis and 'I miss you' ~

Every time I sit to write my next post, I fill buckets and buckets of water just by crying. End up sleeping on my computer.

Two months ago I lost my Mom to her ongoing battle with doctors and hospitals. Just like that!
She braved all the major surgeries. She did all of that for us and I am sooo proud of her!




The reason I could never complete a post is because kept trying to write a letter to her.
Just telling her how much "I miss her" and how much I truly love her (even all we ever did was teasing and fighting). But with each passing day, I realized that if this post ever needs to be completed, it has to be minus the letter.


Before I start pouring my eyes out because believe me the process has already started...we talk about the recipe I baked almost after months. It was like I had hit a stall and didn't know where to go next from here.

So I picked up her favorites and broke the jinx. I'm sure she must be cursing me for taking this long break.

Cherry and Peach Clafoutis.



This recipe was sourced from Joy of baking.

Recipe follows:

1/2 Cup All Purpose Flour
1 Tbsp Melted Butter
2 Large Eggs
1/4 Tsp Salt
3 Tbsp Granulated White Sugar
3/4 Cup Full Fat Milk
1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract

For the Cherries & Peaches: 

1/2 Cup Cherries, pitted
3-4 Peaches, pitted and quartered 
1 Tbsp Butter
1 Tbsp Granulated Sugar

For the Top:

Icing Sugar, for Dusting

Procedure:

Preheat oven to 425 Degree F (220 degree C). Grease a pie dish.

Stem and pit cherries and keep them aside.
For peaches peel of the skin, pit and quarter them.

With a hand blender, mix flour, milk, salt, eggs, butter, sugar and vanilla. Process for about a minute until everything blends into a smooth paste. Scrape sides to incorporate and let it rest while you prepare fruits.

In a non stick skillet melt butter till its bubbly. Add cherries and peaches and cook till they are soft and releasing juices. Sprinkle sugar and mix until the sugar is dissolved and its turning into syrup.

Pour the fruits into a prepared pie pan followed by batter.

Bake for 18 - 20 minutes until its puffed and set.

Do not open the oven door until then as it might collapse.

Serve immediately with sugar dusting.

Yum

4 comments:

  1. Awww Priyanka, I know how you feel. When my dad passed away, I shut down for months... but finally, I can feel like moving on again. And I love this recipe... I'm gonna try it sometimes soon :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...