Friday, December 27, 2013

Dried Fruits & Nut Loaf

Everyday in the last two weeks I have been getting regular updates on how Delhi *sweet home* is getting colder with each passing sunset.

If only I was there, all those dry fruits that my family has loaded with me for the winters would have been used and appreciated.

Well Pune is chilly. But that's all. Not a weather which tempts us with piling calories every minute.



But seriously! Its winters and we are going to eat nuts. And its Holiday season, so of course my weekends are busy baking.

This recipe was bookmarked from ancient times when I first used to spend hours watching Stephanie's videos. I can proudly say that I have learnt allot from her videos. Why this recipe intimidated me is beyond my reasons.


This Christmas when I was getting back to back updates about what everyone was baking...I wanted something different. Lead me to this bookmark and what the heck! I did it!

I had an assortment of candied & flavored dry fruits as gift from our last home visit. Its the latest experiment at work from my maternal family side and I'm their youngest spoiled sheep. ;)


How everyone who came near and ate this loaf fell in love gives me the hope that one day my fears are just going to be nothing but leftover crumbs on a dirty cake dish.


This recipe was adapted from Joy of baking.

Recipe follows:

3/4 Cup All Purpose Flour
3/4 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
1/4 Tsp Baking Soda
1/4 Tsp Baking Powder
1/2 Tsp Salt
3 Eggs
1 Tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
3 Cups Assorted Dried Fruits { I used ~ Roasted Almonds, Pepper & Masala Coated Cashew,
                                                 Raisins, Jaggery Coated Almonds, Walnuts}
1 Cup Dates & Figs
1/2 Cup Rum soaked Raisins

Procedure:

Preheat oven to 300 Degree F (150 degree C) and grease 9 inch loaf pan. Line the pan with parchment paper on all sides.

In a bowl whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and Sugar. Add dried fruits and nuts and mix with hands making sure every thing is coated in flour.

In another bowl whisk together Eggs and Vanilla until creamy and thick. It should take around 10 - 12 minutes beating at normal speed.

Gently add egg batter to flour and nuts mixture. Mix until everything is wet and coated with egg batter.

Scrape the batter into the loaf pan.

Bake for about 60 - 65 minutes or until brown. Place on wire rack to cool before slicing.

Cut with a very sharp knife and serve.

Yum

2 comments:

  1. Hello Priyanka,Thanks for sharing this awesome recipe. I will definitely try this!! You can try this SEO Recipe Tool for formatting recipe and adding microdata for SEO.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...