Saturday, September 7, 2013

Coffee - Chocolate Banana Bread

It’s the comfort of Cinnamon I seek when I feel low. I never understood the reason why people baked at their bottom-most.

Baking is a joyful thing. I usually do it in my highest of spirits (it’s no joke to stand and wait for hours to see that beautiful cake I imagined in my head). Not when I'm sad.

But that was until I actually hit the bottom and all I wanted was the Banana Bread.



The pressure of a full time job and a toddler who wants nothing but her maaammaaaa in the evenings. Everything starts taking a backseat and damn, these seats are comfortable!

But…that evening I wanted my home to smell like cinnamon. And I wanted Banana Bread. With chocolate chips. And coffee…

So I gave Ozzy my wallet to play with and mixed the ingredients together and put it in the oven. All in 15 mins. Phew!



This recipe was adapted from Joy of baking.

Recipe follows:

1 3/4 Cup All Purpose Flour
3/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
1/2 Cup Canola Oil
1/4 Tsp Baking Soda
1 Tsp Baking Powder
1/2 Tsp Cinnamon Powder
1 1/2 Tsp Instant Coffee 
2 Eggs
1 Tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
3 Ripe Bananas
1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips
1/2 Cup Roasted Walnuts

Procedure:

Preheat oven to 350 Degree F (180 degree C) and grease 9 inch loaf pan.

In a bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon powder, coffee powder, walnuts and chocolate chips.

In another bowl whisk together canola oil and sugar until mixed.

Add in mashed bananas and vanilla mixing until smooth. Add in the eggs one by one beating lightly.

Gently add dry ingredients to the mixture, beating until just moistenend. Do not over-beat.

Scrape the batter into the loaf pan.

Bake for about 40 - 45 minutes. When ready remove from oven and set for another 10 minutes. Serve Warm.
Yum

3 comments:

  1. what a lovely looking bread! Cinnamon is perfect. even I love it... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love banana bread. It's so soft and comforting. I will have to try this recipe sometimes.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...