Tuesday, July 2, 2013

French Plum Cake

This is by far the longest I have stayed away from my break away from mundane everyday job.

So this time I am not going to over think about the story that will be enchanting its ways to your hearts...

Lets face the truth! If I start doing that, this post will either keep sitting in my drafts waiting to be finished just like the others or the fruit used for this yummlicious cake will go out of season (speaking off with my personal experience)


This cake happens to be the first step I took to step out of my comfort zone and do something without the fear of failure. There were no endless Google searches for the perfect recipe. I just followed my instinct and heart and made changes to the most favored post on my blog.

The French Apple Cake was first of the few challenges I took and surprisingly aced it. This revisit to the same recipe is to make myself believe in Myself.  


This recipe was adapted from French Apple Cake 

Recipe Follows:

Ripe Plums
3/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
1 Cup Unsalted Butter, room temperature
1 Cup All Purpose Flour
1/2 tsp Cinnamon Powder
1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
1/2 Cup Cream Cheese, room temperature { I substituted Cream Cheese with Home made cream cheese
3 Eggs, room temperature

Procedure:

Preheat oven to 350 degree F (170 degree C). Grease a 9 - inch spring form pan.

In a bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda and Cinnamon.

In another bowl beat together 3/4 cup of granulated sugar and butter until light and fluffy. 

Add in cream cheese and beat until smooth. Add in the eggs, one by one beating well and scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. 

Lightly add dry ingredients to the batter, beating on slow until just moistened.

Arrange Plums at the bottom of the pan and gently spread the batter over. 

Bake for about 40 - 45 minutes. When ready remove from oven and set to cool for another 30 minutes. Serve warm.



Yum

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...