Thursday, February 20, 2014

Roasted Almonds & Strawberry Bars

"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.” — Walt Disney

Almost year and a half ago I shifted back to Pune thinking this baker city will give me a head start towards my dream. And I am glad with each passing day I take a step forward.




This beautiful recipe is part of the package that I carried with me all the way from Mumbai from Shaheen's workshop almost an year ago.

She has always been my inspiration. The first India food blogger I stumbled upon and had become my mentor unknowingly. There was no way I was going to miss an opportunity to meet her and learn from her experience at Le Cordon Bleu.


It sounds weird me writing my workshop experience almost after an year but that day was perfect from start to finish. I had amazing breakfast at a cafe in Pali hills and then met the most amazing people. I was early, as expected and took that time to chit chat with The Purple & Orange Foodie. <3


Recipe demonstration were the part of the parcel that I graciously accepted and cherished.



This recipe was Sourced from : Purple Foodie's Workshop

Recipe Follows:

1 Cup (225g) Granulated Sugar
1 1/2 Cup All Purpose Flour
85 gms Butter, room temperature
1 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
1/2 Cup Warm Milk 
1 Egg, room temperature
200 gms Roasted Almonds
400 - 500 gms Strawberries, halved

Procedure:

Preheat oven to 356 degree F (180 degree C). Grease a 9 - inch square pan.

In a bowl, whisk the flour and baking soda.

In another bowl beat together granulated sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Mix Egg and Vanilla until incorporated.

Lightly add dry ingredients to the batter, alternating with warm milk until mixed. (Alternate in batches so that you always start and end with flour)

Fold in roasted almonds. Pour the batter into the prepared pan. 

Cover the batter with strawberries on top - cut side down.  

Bake for about 10 minutes. Reduce temperature to 165 degree C and bake for about 40 - 50 mins or until the top is golden brown and tester comes out clean. 

When ready remove from oven and set to cool for 10 minutes. Serve warm.



Yum

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...